Saturday, May 5, 2018

Pithy Title Goes Here

I used to blog. Way back when no one called it "blogging" and dinosaurs roamed the earth. I blogged and then I didn't. Now, I guess I'm blogging again.

I missed the "big" money boat on monetizing a cute niche blog. I don't really fit into any real niches anyway. Unless there is a niche for an infertile, PCA to spouse with MD, seizure due to AVM-having, dog rescue-loving, 50-year-old-nanny. Still, I have the urge to write and even if I don't really have an audience, I will write. I will write for the children I never had and share all the stuff I saved up inside. At least the internet can roll its collective eyes at me.
***************************************************
I don't know how other people do it but I remember things from my youth and school-aged days by remembering the house we lived in at the time. For instance, I remember being very little and living in an apartment in a St. Paul suburb. My brother and I shared a bedroom. My mom would put us down for a nap (or quiet time) and the next thing I remember is hearing the opening music for the daytime soap Days of Our Lives. I also remembering flushing one of my mom's large rollers down our toilet. I don't know why I did it but I do know my mom and our landlord were not happy with me. I remember seeing the water back up and feeling scared. I remember feeling my mom's disappointment and anger. I was probably 3 years old. That day I learned the toilet is NOT a toy and nothing but poo and potty should be flushed. I also learned (much later) that the theme song of a soap opera you don't actually watch will stay with you your entire life.
*****************************************************
When I was your age, TVs were super heavy because they were furniture. We called them console TVs. By the time I was your age most of them had color pictures but some were still in black and white. They took a while to warm up once turned on and there were only about 5 channels to watch. We had to manually turn the channel. They looked pretty much like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comment will show in the order it was received. Unless you wrote something rude, crude, or insulting. Then it will remain in comment purgatory, never to see the light of day.